Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Parents win MP support

Angry parents determined to save their special school have won the support of Tory MP John Hayes.

The South Holland and Deepings MP has requested an urgent meeting with Lincs County Council to find out what's happening.

The Spalding Guardian reports that John has pledged his "full support" to the newly formed Garth Action Group.

As Shadow Executive Member for Education, I've also been lobbied by the Garth parents.

Before commenting publicly, I wanted to know the facts. But I've drawn a blank on getting information on the issue. Two weeks ago I was promised a briefing from the county council's Head of Special Needs. I'm sure it's on the way.

Meanwhile GAG has launched the Save Garth School website HERE


To see the Guardian's story We won't let you close our school CLICK HERE

No comments: