Thursday, November 09, 2006

A donkey called Bruno, cocaine and speeding...

I wondered what my friend Bruno the Skegness beach donkey had been up to when I read the shock headline "Bruno caught doing 90mph on county A1" in today's Lincolnshire Echo.

But I needn't have worried. The driver of the Mercedes 4x4 car snapped by a speed camera on the A1 at Grantham was not a donkey at all. Apparently.

It was another Bruno who claims to be a former boxing champion and I've found this BBC photo of him pretending to give another donkey called Iron Mike Tyson a lesson.
Apparently Frank Bruno, like the famous donkey, is also a bit of a celebrity - know what i mean 'arry - and was on his way to give an after-dinner speech at a charity dinner near Lincoln, in aid of Cancer Research UK.
He already had six penalty points on his licence.

According to the Echo, yesterday's fine and further points on his licence came days after the father-of-four issued a public apology for relapsing into cocaine use.

I'd like to make it clear that Bruno the current UK champion beach donkey who is based at Skegness, has a clean licence and has never used cocaine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes but how many Urdu-speakers has he saved from house fires?

Anonymous said...

None so far, Samantha, but I'm up for it.