Friday, March 20, 2009

Ex-MP convicted after visit to The Old Soke...

Former Peterborough MP Helen Clark went ballistic in a drunken rage when she was denied more drink, a court heard.

It's a sad old business, and I hope I'm forgiven for smiling at the name of the bar where it happened: The Old Soke at the Great Eastern Hotel opposite Peterborough Rail Station...

You may recall that video of the astonishing outburst appeared on U-Tube some months ago. It was removed after Helen Clark apparently threatened legal action. I chose not to post the video itself, but if you're determined, I'm sure you can still find it on the t'internet. But be prepared for a shocking, but truly pathetic performance from someone who you may decide has a very serious problem.

I sincerely hope she's getting the help she clearly needs.

UPDATE: Guilty verdict.

7 comments:

Geoffrey G Brooking said...

I thought it was called The Great Northern Hotel Phil?

Geoffrey G Brooking said...

P/S I beat you on this one!

fairdealphil said...

Thanks for spotting my slip Geoffrey - it's definitely the Great Northern!

Not surprised you beat me - she's one of yours now, isn't she?

Geoffrey G Brooking said...

Is she?

fairdealphil said...

Yep, she announced she'd defected to the Tories the day after she lost her seat in 2005.

You're more than welcome!

Geoffrey G Brooking said...

Er, you seem to have forgotton that my membership ran out on January 1st 2008.

fairdealphil said...

yep, completely forgotten...

clearly not a fan of Dave and wee Georgie!!