Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bottoms up to Bateman's: Lincolnshire's finest

Cheers to Batemans, brewers of my favourite Lincolnshire tipple...

Batemans has become the first East Midlands brewery to win a VisitBritain accreditation.

According to the Lincolnshire Echo, the family-run brewery at Wainfleet, near Skegness, has been awarded a Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service accreditation for its visitor centre.

The award aims to promote quality in the tourism industry and has been presented to just six British breweries.

I've never actually visited Bateman's Brewery, though have spent many hours in many of their houses across the East Midlands, sampling their good honest ales!

Captions: The logo is from the official Batemans site, and the other photo is one I took of a window during a pleasant evening spent touring Bateman houses in Boston in the autumn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply adore Bateman's pubs. As my wife Morag once remarked "these places really are quite nice". I couldn't put it better myself.

Anonymous said...

Hear Hear.

fairdealphil said...

Cheers. Mine's a pint of Batemans!!!

Anonymous said...

I raise my glass to Glebe Ward City of Lincoln Labour councillor Larry Wells who is 80 on Monday.