Sunday, July 16, 2006

Saturday Night Live

Good music wafting out of the Vicarage garden on Saturday night.

It was the latest bring your own picnic and wine evening on the Vicarage lawns, (all welcomed) with a concert by the Springfield Jazz and the Cranmore Singers.

Sorry I had to give it a miss due to a different kind of concert in another garden not too far away...

Excellent home-grown rock band 'The Goat Herders' were playing at The Goat in Frognall. And they seemed to get more excellent as the evening progressed.

I'm sure it was nothing to do with the fact that they were playing the third outdoor Beer Festival to be staged at The Goat!

I managed to sample my share of wierd and wonderful brews including a pint of draught cider as cloudy as orange juice with a rather worrying sediment and a kick like a mule.

Glad I walked!

No comments: